When shopping for a hot tub you may feel a little lost. All hot tubs provide health benefits that come from deep soaking in warm water, but how do you know which one is right for you? While doing your research or speaking with a sales representative, use the following questions to help guide you to your perfect hot tub.
Manufacturer and Dealer:
The reputation of the hot tub manufacturer and dealer are your guarantee of reliability, durability and service after the sale.
- How long has the manufacturer been in business?
- Is the spa manufacturer ISO 9001:2008 certified?
- How long has the dealer been in business? Do they have positive local reviews?
- Have they won any awards or received industry recognition?
- Do they have a local showroom?
- Can you try out or ‘wet test’ the hot tub?
Energy Efficient Hot Tubs:
Operating your hot tub is part of the total cost of ownership. You will want to know how much this will cost you before you purchase the tub.
- Is the spa totally insulated, not just fully foamed?
- How much will your estimated monthly operating costs be?
Ease of Use:
You’ll enjoy your hot tub more and use it more often if it is easy to use and hassle free.
- Is there an automated water care system?
- Does the spa have 100% No-Bypass Filtration?
- Is the spa water continuously filtered 24 hours a day?
- How loud are the hot tub pumps? Does the spa have a quiet circulation pump, or does it run the loud jet pump to clean the spa?
- What are your options to keep the water soft and clean?
Hot Tub Features:
There is more to a hot tub than just hot water. Consider other added or built-in features that may be important to your spa experience before buying.
- Is the spa built entertainment-ready so you can add a music system or TV at any time, even after you’ve purchased the spa.
- Can you customize the hot tub with a faux stone cabinet or surround the spa with whatever material you want?
- Does the spa have additional lighting besides just an underwater light?
Make sure you buy a hot tub that meets your expectations and provides you with a range of hydro-massage options.
- Does the spa offer a variety of hydro-massage jets for all muscle groups?
- Can you divert water to a different combination of jets?
- Can you control the jet air flow – more for stronger performance, less for a softer touch?
Spa Warranty and Service:
A good warranty provides peace of mind that supports your spa buying decision.
- What spa parts are covered under warranty and for how long?
- How does the manufacturer’s warranty compare with other hot tub brands? Are there undesirable limitations or exclusions?
- Is there a service department that you can call for service or repair?
At Great Lakes Pool & Spa we offer several models of spas so you can find exactly what you’re looking for. Our team of trained spa professionals can answer any questions you may have and help guide you to your perfect match.
For all of your Spa and Hot Tub needs, contact Great Lakes Pool & Spa at 262-242-7793.